Things to Know Before Buying a Diesel Generator
In today’s era, a new breed of diesel generators is raising the bar on power. They are more affordable, have improved efficiency and the units are generally quieter.
Diesel generators are useful in homes, businesses and factories as well as at large functions like weddings and corporate events where there is a requirement of an extra power supply or a backup for when the power grid fails.
Here are some facts about Diesel Generators
1) Diesel generators use compression ignition for igniting the fuel. Here the air is drawn into the engine and gets heated by high compression. This results in a higher temperature in a diesel engine as compared to a petrol In diesel engines, air and fuel are filled into the engine at different stages.
2) Although diesel generators are more expensive than petrol ones, they need to burn only half the fuel amount as compared to petrol generators to produce the same amount of energy.
3) New generation diesel generators make less noise and require less maintenance.
4) The fuel present in diesel generators auto ignites and does not require a spark. It is much safer with fewer chances of an explosion.
5) Diesel generators are easy to maintain and have a much longer life as compared to petrol ones.
6) Diesel generators are available in many varieties such as portable generators, home diesel generators, diesel generators for industrial use and so on.
- Portable generators are small and compact in size. They are travel-friendly. The wattage for these generators is 5000 watts that can supply power to various small and medium-sized gadgets for about 9 hours.
- Home generators are standby generators which have the capacity to supply power to the majority of the house. As the name suggests, industrial use diesel generators are designed for small to medium-sized business organisations.
Purchasing of generators is based on following factors:
- Power Output: The watts rated can be as low as 5kW which is able to supply power to multiple appliances till 30kW which can supply power to a medium sized home or business.
- Run Time: This is the time a generator can run for. You can select the generator to best suit your needs.
- Price: This is a very important factor while purchasing a generator. Many people prefer portable generators because of their low price. But these types of generators will be able to supply power only fora few gadgets.
- Noise: Due to progress in technology, recent diesel generators make less noise along with providing uninterrupted power. Most generators can be supplied along with an acoustic cover to further reduce noise pollution.
- Reliability: The reliability of diesel generators is an essential factor in purchasing them. Cheap generators with low quality will run efficiently only for some months or a year. Do not purchase low standard generators just for the sake of saving money. These generators sometime may prove hazardous in the long run.
The choice of the best diesel generator for your business or home needs depends upon your budget, preference, and requirements. Eagle Generators will help you in making more intelligent investments in Diesel Generators.